Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Lemon Madeleines

Never having eaten a madeleine before I ventured out to Bed, Bath and Beyond to buy a madeleine pan.  The Tuesdays with Dorie online baking group was making lemon madeleines from the cookbook Baking Chez Moi.

The batter was easy to put together.  There are two chilling times - one for the batter and then one for the batter in the madeleine pan.  This meant that the little cakes weren`t finished baking until late in the evening.  I ate one right out of the oven - oh so delicious.  I look forward to more experimenting with madeleines.



6 comments:

  1. Your madeleines look lovely. This was a great recipe to start with....so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your madeleines look great -- and you got the characteristic hump, way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice humps! I think it would be fun to vary the flavors using this as the base recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking madeleines! And you got the hump! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I couldn't resist a taste test right out of the pan too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice!
    And I hope you enjoy your new pan.

    ReplyDelete