Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Coconut Tapioca

I don't recall ever having eaten tapioca pudding before, so I was curious about this week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe, Coconut Tapioca from Dorie Greenspan's Baking Chez Moi.

The recipe calls for large-pearl tapioca, which I was unable to find in the supermarket.  The pearls I bought were pea sized.  Based on other cook's comments about the gelatinous nature of their finished puddings I increased the milk by one half cup.  I substituted almond milk for whole milk for the comfort of the other eaters in the household.  I didn't notice until later that the almond milk had added sugar.  One taster thought the pudding was too sweet.

To me the finished product was much like rice pudding, and I wished later that I had sprinkled the top with cinnamon.

Now I will have to investigate other recipes to use up the rest of the tapioca pearls.




4 comments:

  1. It looks like the extra milk worked - your pudding looks incredibly creamy. Cinnamon would be a delicious addition to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that I needed to add more milk too for a softer creamier texture too. This pudding is a hit in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm, I feel as though my "large" pearls were pea sized. I'm starting to wonder if the particular brand has more to do with the final consistency than the size. Glad it turned out well. I bet this would be great with cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete